I’m at the Dizzy Balloon/Finish Ticket show. I think Michael Stipe just walked in. Or possibly Billy Corgan.
That awkward moment where your 12 year old brother is a Mumford & Sons fan.
- Noah: Don't I look just swimmingly?
- Me: I...I don't think that's...that's not the right use of that word.
- Noah: So? What if I didn't want it to be?
1) Where did you begin 2010?
2) What was your status by Valentine’s Day?
In a relationship.
3) Were you in school anytime this year?
Indeed I was.
4) How did you earn your money?
In the last few weeks, barista-ing. Before that, occasional things for KFOG.
5) Did you have to go to the hospital?
6) Did you have any encounters with the police?
I don’t believe I did.
7) Would you relive 2010 over and over again?
Probably not. Maybe a few choice moments.
8) What did you purchase that was over $1000?
9) Did you know anybody who got married?
10) Did you know anybody who passed away?
I don’t think so.
11) Did you know anyone who had a baby?
12) Did you move anywhere?
13) What concerts/shows and events did you go to?
Elvis Costello, She & Him, Norah Jones, The Dukes of September Rhythm Revue, multiple Finish Ticket shows, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Squeeze, The English Beat, Al Green, The Strokes, Levon Helm, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Dr. Dog, My Morning Jacket, Phoenix, Kings of Leon, Wolfmother, Social Distortion, a few shows at Yoshi’s. Oh yeah, and John Mayer.
14) Are you registered to vote?
15) Do you still have the same job as you did in 2009?
16) Has anyone betrayed you in 2010?
I really don’t believe in betrayal unless you end up physically injured or like your girlfriend cheats on you. But friends talking shit? That just happens. “Betray” is such a cinematic word.
17) Where do you live now?
Same place I did last year.
18) Describe your birthday:
My best friends, Apples To Apples, no sleep.
19) What are two things you thought you’d never do but did in 2010?
Vomit from drinking too much, direct a play.
20) What has been your favorite moment?
The One-Acts, when people came over for Thankskilling, assorted moments with Rachelle.
21) What’s something you learned about yourself?
I suffer from mild-to-extreme anxiety attacks.
22) Any new additions to your family?
I don’t think so.
23) What was your best month?
August was pretty great. Outside Lands.
24) Were you in a relationship this year?
25) What music will you remember 2010 by?
Ben Folds Five, definitely. That was the newest addition to my list of favorite bands.
26) Who has been your best drinking buddy/buddies?
The cast of Peter Pan. haha
27) New friends?
28) Favorite night out?
Christmas Eve was fun, then assorted adventures with Rachelle and/or my friends.
29) Would you say you’ve changed since the beginning of this year?
30) Do you think 2011 will be better or worse?
2010 Is Almost Over, What Have You Done?
Stayed single almost the whole year?
Not even close.
Done something you’ve regretted?
A few times in high school, quite a lot in college.
Were involved in something you’ll never forget?
Visited a different country?
Cooked a gross meal?
Lost something important to you?
I don’t think so.
Got a gift you adore?
Tripped over a coffee table?
Dyed your hair?
That’s not my cup of tea.
Came close to losing your life?
Went to a party?
Read a great book?
Saw one of your favorite bands/artists live?
Both surviving Beatles. She & Him. Elvis Costello. John Mayer. What more can I ask for?
2010: Friends and Enemies
Did you meet any new friends this year?
A few. Wasn’t this already asked?
Did you dislike anyone?
Did you grow apart from anyone?
Not too much.
Do you have any regrets when it comes to your friendships?
2010: All About You
Did you change at all this year?
Did you change your style?
For the better.
Were you in school?
Did you get good grades?
Depends on the class…
Did you have a job?
Only as of recently, unless you count my kickass KFOG internship.
Did you drive?
Did anyone close to you give birth?
Did you go on any vacations?
Not really. I’m in Arizona visiting grandparents right now; does that count?
Would you change anything about yourself now?
Ability to grow facial hair. Also ability to cope with extreme change.
2010: Wrap Up
Was 2010 a good year?
Do you think 2011 will top 2010?
It is plausible.
Your main fandom of the year?
Ben Folds Five was the biggest.
Your favourite film watched this year?
Toy Story 3. And Inception.
Your favourite album or song to listen to this year?
The collected works of Ben Folds Five, Monsters of Folk, She & Him’s Volume Two.
Your favourite TV show of the year?
Your best new fandom discovery of the year?
30 Rock, Arrested Development, Ben Folds Five.
Your biggest fandom disappointment of the year?
Most of Ben Folds’ solo work.
Your biggest squee moment of the year?
Probably the John Mayer concert.
The most missed of your old fandoms?
Aerosmith. I’ve recently started getting into them again. I forgot how much I love them.
Your biggest fan anticipations for the New Year?
What is with your obsession with fandom? o_O
Any radio station that plays Far East Movement doesn’t deserve to be a radio station.